Terms and conditions
1. The 2020 Refer-a-Friend Programme (the '2020 RAF Programme') enables customers of the Utility Warehouse to earn a £50 bill credit by recommending the Utility Warehouse to potential new residential customers, provided that they meet the conditions set out in clauses 2 and 3.
2. Customers who introduce new residential customers to UW under the 2020 RAF Programme who are subsequently signed up via a UW Partner or our UW Sales team will receive a £50 bill credit towards their electricity usage on an upcoming bill for each new customer they have referred in such a way, provided that the new customer takes the Double Gold bundle and at least one Energy Service goes live (a ‘Successful Referral’).
3. To be eligible for a bill credit for Successful Referrals, customers must (i) have an active credit (ie not prepayment) UW Electricity Service on their account, and (ii) not have an outstanding balance on their account on the date the credit is due to be applied.
4. The referring customer must notify and obtain consent from the Referral prior to providing the Referral’s information to the UW Partner OR should the Referral submit their own contact details using the Referrer’s personal referral URL OR contact the UW Sales team directly they will be deemed to have given permission to be contacted by UW. The Partner or UW Sales team member will inform the Referral when they are first contacted of the referring customer’s name. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 customers should be aware that we are unable to discuss how the award of bill credits for any customer has been calculated.
5. The benefits set out above are only payable in respect of Successful Referrals made on or after 20 April 2020 if the Referral is signed up by a UW Partner or if the Referral is signed up by a UW Sales team member, on or after 01 October 2020. Referrals signed up prior to these dates are covered by the terms of our 2013 Refer-a-Friend Programme.
6. We reserve the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time, and such amendments will take effect from the date they are published on our website.
1. The 2013 Refer-a-Friend Programme (the 'RAF Programme') enables customers of the Utility Warehouse to earn rewards by recommending UW to potential new customers; these new customers can be either domestic customers or businesses.
2. There are five Eligible Service types: Gas, Electricity, Home Phone, Mobile (includes Mobile Broadband), and Broadband; multiple services of the same type are ignored.
3. Customers who introduce new customers to UW who subsequently sign-up via our in-house sales team (‘Sales Referrals’) will receive a £20 high street shopping voucher for each new customer they have referred in such a way, provided that:
(i) for residential new customers, the new customer takes a Gold bundle (being Gold Talk, Gold Energy or Double Gold); or
(ii) for Utility Warehouse Discount Club for Business new customers, the new customer successfully transfers at least two Eligible Service types to us;
(both a "Successful Referral")
Introductory vouchers will be calculated and dispatched to customers periodically.
4. Subject to paragraph five below. Customers will also receive extra shopping vouchers each December based on the number of Successful Sales Referrals they have made where, as at the end of November each year, each new customer has been a customer for at least four months; and
(i) for Successful Referrals made after 20 March 2016, each new residential customer has a live Gold bundle and each new Utility Warehouse Discount Club for Business customer has at least two live Eligible Services; and
(ii) for Successful Referrals made between 8 November 2013 and 19 March 2016, each new customer has at least two live Eligible Services.
This annual shopping voucher entitlement will be calculated at a rate of £10 for each Successful Referral, and will be dispatched to customers in December each year so as to arrive before Christmas.
5. Customers will not be eligible to receive vouchers for Sales Referrals (i) if there is an outstanding balance on their account on the date the vouchers are due to be dispatched; or (ii) in respect of each Successful Referral, if there is an outstanding balance on that customer's account on the date the vouchers are due to be dispatched; or (iii) in respect of each Successful Referral, if that referral was not processed via the Inbound Telephone Sales Team or through our Company website, with the name and/or account number of the customer providing the referral being provided during that process.
6. Customers can choose the type of shopping vouchers they would prefer to receive for Sales Referrals in the Clubhouse at www.uw.co.uk/clubhouse. The Company reserves the right to change the range of vouchers available at any time at its sole discretion, in the event a customer has not chosen a specific type of voucher on the date the vouchers are being dispatched, then the Company will send vouchers for Marks and Spencer.
7. The referring customer must notify and obtain consent from the Referral prior to providing the Referral’s information to Utility Warehouse. The Sales Team will inform the Referral when they are first contacted of the referring customer’s name. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 customers should be aware that we are unable to discuss how the allocation of vouchers for any customer has been calculated.
8. The benefits set out above are only payable in respect of Successful Sales Referrals made on or after 8 November 2013.
9. We reserve the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time, and such amendments will take effect from the date they are published on our website.